21.1.12

first post for 2012

Well, it's 2012. There's a lot of promise in this new year, a lot I've been looking forward to. The biggest was returning to serve on the worship team at my church. I've been singing and leading worship for almost ten years, I'd stopped after Nova was born and took a small break and had been longing to return for a while. It is such an honour and privilege to worship God and lead the congregation to a place of nearness with Him, and I have loved being back and pushing myself out of my comfort zone.

The next most anticipated event of 2012 was the surgery scheduled to remove a cyst in my left ovary. I was originally meant to have it done over 2 years ago, during which we found out we were pregnant with our miracle baby Nova. After she reached her first birthday we were hoping to start trying for our second child but was told to wait till after the operation. After rescheduling and then having it postponed twice by the hospital, I finally had it removed last Monday (16 January). I am so thankful I am slowly but surely healing and gaining strength, and trust God that He will bring complete healing to my body and will bless us with many more children once I've healed up and been given the "thumbs up" from my doctor.

There's a few goals too, like journaling my walk with God in a day-to-page diary, as well as writing a few sentences on what happened each day in Day One. I'm also trying my365, and even though I've missed a day here and there I figure that's okay as long as it's not two days in a row. And the usual "getting fit/healthy" is in there too, but most importantly for me is not look at it all as a resolution I am doomed to fail at, but rather as a daily opportunity to achieve each goal. I've never looked at each day with such hope as I am now, and I know that the more I keep things real with Jesus, the brighter each day will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All images shown on this site are my own unless stated otherwise. Please do not use any images or content without prior permission. Thank you!
© Bohemian Rain 2017