29.1.14

meals: stuffed capsicum

I have been wanting to make stuffed capsicum for a long time after having seen some delicious images on Instagram and Pinterest. I used this recipe as a guide and made it my own. I think I'll add rice next time, as I didn't use quinoa (so expensive!) and it got a little watery.



Ingredients:
3 cups cooked rice
1 can corn kernels
1 can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
3 tbsp coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 teaspoon chilli powder
Salt and pepper to taste
5 capsicums, cut lengthways and seeds removed

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a small, deep baking dish with baking paper.
In a large bowl, combine rice, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheese, spices and seasonings.
Spoon the filling into cut capsicum halves.
Place on baking dish and bake until capsicums are tender and filling is heated through, about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All images shown on this site are my own unless stated otherwise. Please do not use any images or content without prior permission. Thank you!
© Bohemian Rain 2017