12.2.11

|| brown paper packages tied up with string



I absolutely love giving gifts! I love making them, I love buying them, I love wrapping them and most of all I love how it makes the recipient feel loved and appreciated. And sometimes if you gave the most perfect handmade gift, you get love and appreciated back!

I'd made a few of my girlfriends personalised buntings to decorate their homes, and was pleasantly surprised at how much they loved them, which made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. :) And of course they had to be wrapped in lovely brown paper and tied with thick string. It's just the only way to wrap gifts, really.

The reason I love to give gifts is because it reminds me God's love towards us. Despite what some may think, God isn't like Santa Claus who rewards "good" people with good things and leaves "bad" people to fend for themselves. God loves us all and gave us His son Jesus to be the sacrifice required to make up for the one thing that keeps us away from Him, our sin. The beautiful thing about this gift is that we don't deserve it, and we could never earn it. And that's what makes it the best gift of all.

I look forward to teaching Nova the joy that comes out of giving. I hope that she learns to have a generous heart towards people, and that we do so as a response to the love and generosity our God showed us and not for any personal gain. We are blessed to be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All images shown on this site are my own unless stated otherwise. Please do not use any images or content without prior permission. Thank you!
© Bohemian Rain 2017